This comprehensive renovation project completed in 2005 involved updating this ca. 1940 facility through the design of a 1,500-bather-capacity aquatic center that features a 680-square-foot addition to the existing bathhouse and a new, 1,500-square-foot concession/filter building. As this Works Project Administration pool had become a beloved fixture in the community, a high level of sensitivity was demanded in the renovation of the historic pool complex. Aquatic components introduced include a 13,000-square-foot zero-depth-edge activity pool, a 3,000-square-foot lap pool, a 1,000-square-foot “deep hopper,” and a “feature island” containing a three-meter dive platform and two drop slides. Additional pool amenities include various water play feature, a raised terrace and shade elements. The project was recognized with a 2005 Illinois Parks & Recreation Association Outstanding Facility and Park Award.
Master Plan / Feasibility Study
Grant / Referendum / Bond
Basic A&E Design Services
2005 IPRA – Outstanding Facility and Park Award