Position: Interior Design Professional (Full-time)
Location: Williams Architects | Itasca, IL or Chicago Loop (Hybrid)
About the job:
Williams Architects, a nationally recognized architecture and planning firm specializing in community-centered public facilities, is seeking a full-time Interior Design Professional to support our growing national practice. Working as part of an integrated, cohesive project team with a team of 2-5 design professionals, this position is ideal for recent graduates of an interior design program seeking to gain experience required to fulfill requirements to take the NCIDQ Examination or for recently licensed/certified interior designers. This position is based in either our Itasca, IL or Chicago Loop offices with the potential for a partial (2 days per week) remote working arrangement.
As an Interior Design Professional, you will:
- Collaboratively participate in the project design and concept development process internally and with clients, within parameters set by firm management.
- Prepare design and construction document interior design (ID) deliverables for a wide variety of public sector projects using Revit, SketchUp, Lumion, and Photoshop in accordance with firm standards.
- Identify and select purpose- and budget-appropriate finish materials for firm projects, obtaining samples, and developing full interior finish and furniture palettes and packages under the supervision of the Director of Interior Design.
- Create furniture specifications and bidding documents.
- Perform firm interiors library management/maintenance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with finish and furniture vendors.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design.
- 1-4 years of progressive interior design experience within an architectural or interior design firm, preferably with non-residential projects.
- NCIDQ license/certification track preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit and Photoshop required. Lumion and SketchUp modeling/rendering experience highly desirable.
- Experience with public bidding processes highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with office leadership and clients.
- Ability to self-manage tasks from start to finish with minimal oversight.
We offer an industry-leading benefit package including competitive compensation, opportunity to work remotely 2 days per week, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid vacation, sick, and exam time, reimbursement for NCIDQ exam costs upon passage, and eligibility for the firm’s profit-sharing plan. The firm fully supports NCIDQ examination and experience requirements.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples illustrating professional experience in both design phase activities and construction document production to Andy Dogan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. We are not sponsoring candidates for work authorization/visas at this time.
Williams Architects Aquatics is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.